Our School Council is made up of 2 elected representatives from each class. We regularly meet as a group to ensure that pupils are involved in the decision making at Lee Brigg.
Through School Council all pupils have the opportunity to raise issues, share ideas and take part in discussions that involve all of their classmates. During our meetings we ensure that all pupil voices are heard.
Each half term 2 School Representatives from the School Council attend Waterton Academy Trust Parliament meetings. The children have the opportunity to meet with representatives from all the other schools within the Trust. This enables children to be involved with decision making at trust level in addition to at school level.
2017-2018 highlights included:
• organising a non-uniform day to raise funds for the Zimbabwe Educational trust.
• developing the outdoor area and improving provision at lunch times.
• working with Normanton Juniors to produce a MAT newspaper.
• organising a talent evening at the Wakefield Theatre Royal for all the schools in the Waterton Trust.
• Helping arrange sporting events for the Waterton Trust
Please visit the Waterton website for more information on Children's Parliament: